Etymonix MPEG-2 Video Codec
The Etymonix MPEG-2 I-frame Video Codec for Win95/98/Me/NT4/2000/XP is a software-only video compressor/decompressor based on the standard Video for Windows (VfW) architecture. It can be used with a wide range of existing applications (such as Adobe Premiere, Fractal Design Painter, Ulead Video Studio, Ulead MediaStudio Pro, Windows Media Player, Macromedia Flash MX) that support VfW codecs. Typically, these applications will store the compressed MPEG data generated by the codec in an AVI file. A wide range of resolutions and frame rates (including NTSC and PAL) are also supported.
This codec is specifically engineered to preserve quality during image processing while providing better compression than lossless solutions. Typical compression ratios between 2:1 and 5:1 can be achieved. Along with the common YUV 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 modes used in the video industry, it provides a unique YUV 4:4:4 mode for better-than-broadcast quality. Test results show that live video can be decompressed and recompressed an infinite number of times with no visual degradation, even to the expert eye. This makes the codec ideal for video editing where the video may be processed many times.
There is no logo overlay in the registered version. Etymonix MPEG-2 Video Codec is a shareware categorized under video, multimedia , codec, encoder, decoder tools.
Keywords: fractal design painter compressor decompressor ulead mediastudio pro compression ratios quality test mpeg data avi file yuv vfw codecs video industry broadcast quality support vfw expert eye video compressor ulead video studio video codec frame rates demise flexible user
Etymonix SoftReel is a software-only MPEG-2 video decoder filter for Microsoft DirectShow. It enables playback of MPEG-2 video files (*.mpg, *.m2p, *.m2v, *.mp2) in any application that supports DirectShow, such as Windows Media Player.
Its key features are:
- Decodes MPEG-2 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 video streams at all profiles/levels (excluding scalability extensions), including Super Video CD (SVCD), unencrypted DVDs (with an MPEG-2 audio stream), ATI .mp2, 'EM2V' AVI and 'PIM2' AVI files
- Enables MPEG-2 audio playback from MPEG-2 files
- Software-only solution does not require expensive hardware
- Exceptional video quality achieved using highly precise computations
- Fully compliant with Microsoft DirectShow (also known as ActiveMovie)
- Full IPB frame support (any GOP sequence)
- Frame-accurate seeking within AVI files
- A wide range of resolutions (up to 768x576) and frame rates (23.976, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 frames/sec), including NTSC (720x480, 29.97fps), PAL (720x576, 25fps) and SVCD (480x480 or 480x576)
- Correct scaling of video contained in SVCD and ATI .mp2 files (accurate aspect ratio)
- Can easily be integrated into DirectShow applications (for developers)
- Ideal for kiosks, PowerPoint presentations and watching video clips
- Optimized for MMX
- Supports both Intel and AMD CPUs
- Works with a wide range of players (including RealOne Player and all versions of Windows Media Player)
- Supports all screen resolutions and all pixel depths (8bpp, 15bpp, 16bpp, 24bpp and 32bpp)
- Runs under Win95, Win98, WinMe, WinNT4, Win2000 and WinXP platforms
- User-friendly setup program fully automates install/uninstall procedure. This miscellaneous software is listed under multimedia, video.
Keywords: mp2 files amd cpus resolutions avi files realone player uninstall procedure svcd frame support m2v windows media player video decoder filter pixel depths sequence frame playback microsoft directshow mpeg 2 windows task bar encrypted message