XmlShell - The Ultimate Lightweight XML Editor
XmlShell, the ultimate lightweight XML editor, is a Windows-based XML editor. It's fast, powerful, flexible, and intuitive.
1. True side-by-side XML tree structural view and table/editor/browser views:
You can make changes in the XML tree view and immediately see your changes in the browser view, XSLT view, or plain text editor view.
2. Multiple-selectable tree:
Use the standard multiple-selection methods to select multiple nodes in the XML tree. This feature makes mass editing a breeze.
3. Grid-like table views to display table-like XML data:
Many times, XML files contains record-like data. XmlShell's table views make it intuitive and convenient to see and edit such data.
4. Syntax-colored free-form text editor:
The power and flexibility of a plain text editor is a desired feature when the users know what they are doing and want to go straight to the guts.
5. Intelligent popup list in editor:
XmlShell has built-in popup list for XSL elements and attributes. XmlShell also keeps track of the elements, attributes in the document, and pops up the list to help you type. When you try to type a closing tag for an element, XmlShell will try to find the tag and close it for you.
6. XSL Transform view:
You can perform XSLT without really embed XSL in your XML document. XmlShell will open a separate view to show the results in the format of your choice (XML, HTML or plain text).
7. Drag & Drop:
Arrange your XML structure by dragging & dropping one or more nodes within the same or cross multiple XML files.
8. Opens non well-formed XML files:
For non well-formed XML files, XmlShell will still open them in the text editor view and show you where the problem is. In this way, you can fix corrupted XML files or convert non-XML files to XML files.
9. Validate XML documents against DTD or XML Schema. XmlShell - The Ultimate Lightweight XML Editor is a shareware categorized under xml editor, html editor, text editor, programming utilities, web page utilities, text utilities tools.
Keywords: xml document display table xml schema xml editor browser view attributes browser views xsl elements lightweight xml fix corrupted xml tree xml html xml documents xslt true side misses championship spades
Compass has been a popular and powerful bookmark manager program since its first release in January, 1997. It supports three most popular browsers - Netscape, Internet Explorer, and Opera. Plus, it can launch any system specified generic browsers.
Not only is Compass a bookmark manager, but it is also an "outline editor" or a "note editor." You can use Compass to create your personal journal, notes, outlines, memos, ... etc.
You can also use Compass as a web page or report generator. With the power of Template, you can export your bookmarks or notes in the format you want. You can even control different folder levels and generate multiple files that linked back to the main output file.
Compass can easily handle more than several thousands of bookmarks. It works with Netscape 2.x - 4.x, Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.x - 5.x and Opera 3.x - 5.x on Windows 95/98/Me/NT4.0/2000.
Brief Features List:
1. Handles Netscape, IExplorer, and Opera file format. Uniform user interface for file open, save, import, export, and merge. All file I/O operations are applicable to all three file formats.
2. Unique Tree, List, and Description three-pane layout with two displaying styles - Explorer style and Compass style.
3. Export with Template lets you export bookmarks or folders to the format you want. You can edit or create your own Templates.
4. Powerful logical AND, OR, NOT search and intelligent find duplicate URLs.
5. Password protect your bookmark files.
6. Super fast multi-threading generic socket connection to check links, retrieve keywords, description and redirected URLs.
7. Powerful multi-selectable Tree pane.
8. Extensive drag & drop - to and from different panes, different instances, Compass and browsers, desktop, and Windows Explorer.
9. Communicates with Netscape, IExplorer, and Opera to launch links, add new links, open new browsers, replace URLs.
10. Tray icon access.
11. Versatile sorting options.
12. Dynamic Bookmarks menu. Compass is a shareware categorized under bookmark managers,bookmark utilities,browser companions,browser utilities tools.
Keywords: manager program generic browsers bookmark manager compass explorer style opera socket connection pane layout password protect outline editor tray icon urls multiple files bookmark files internet explorer 3 export bookmarks netscape internet explorer launch report generator multi threading perfect couple physics vectors